Japan/Straubing, October 2008 The night between August 23rd and August 24th was a long one in Izu City, Japan, marking the occasion of Metamorphose, the country’s biggest all-night music festival. More than 30 acts – mostly electronica – performed on three main stages and several smaller stages. Headliners were The Flaming Lips, Tortoise, and DJ Krush.
The challenge for Ortofon’s team? Provide 25,000 fans with the ultimate in high resolution, high volume sound all night long. Armed with systems from DYNACORD, including a Cobra line-array system, this wasn’t a problem.
Founded in 1999, the Metamorphose Festival is now one of the most important live events on the global festival scene. The 15-hour music marathon convinces with premium live acts, gorgeous location, and impeccable organisation. Music ranges from electronica to jazz to world music.
• 4x DYNACORD Cobra-4 Top
• 8x DYNACORD Cobra PWH subs
• 2x DYNACORD H2500 amplifiers
• 3x DYNACORD H5000 amplifiers
• 5x DYNACORD RCM-26 DSP module
• 2x DYNACORD D 15-3 full-range cabinet
• 1x Electro-Voice TG7 amplifier
• 6x DYNACORD D 12 full-range cabinet
• 3x DYNACORD LX3000 amplifier
• 4x DYNACORD VL 62 full-range cabinet
• 1x DYNACORD RCM-26 DSP module
• 1x Klark Teknik DN9340E equalizer
• 2x Klark Teknik DN9344E controllers
• 1x Klark Teknik SS-WLAN remote
• 2x Klark Teknik SQ-D processors
• 1x Klark Teknik DN1414 module
• 2x Klark Teknik DN100 DI boxes
• 1x Midas Siena mixing console
• 2x Electro-Voice N/D767a microphones
snapshot, October 16, 2008